The US 11 Antique Alley and Yard Sale will continue to weave its way through East Tennessee Sunday. The event, which follows US 11 for more than 500 miles, through five states, was first projected to bring anywhere from 10,000 to 30,000 people to the counties it visits. Robin Zimmerman made the trip to East Tennessee from Georgia. She said she and her husband have traveled for the sale 10 ...
'Take me out to the ballgame'....as the song goes, and as we all have heard it and loved it over the ages. With Nashville having it's own Minor ...
Nashville today after a day or so of nothing much except rain, rain, rain. Now we're not sure what will be happening on Sunday, but we did find some interesting programs on our ...
Nashville and Music City USA, with so many singers and songwriters coming here from other states and cities and, in fact, from all over the world. We are featuring some of those singers and songwriters in this space who are 'Coming to Nashville'. Many come and many stay to find great success. Many do not stay and go home or elsewhere. Nashville is certainly a 'destination ...
NASHVILLE (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama has some advice for some Tennessee high school graduates: strike your own path in college and life and work to overcome inevitable failures with determination and grit. Mrs. Obama spoke for 22-minutes to the Martin Luther King Jr. Academic Magnet High School in Nashville in her only high school graduation speech this year. The first lady told the 170 ...
Real Women Have Curves
In Real Women Have Curves, 18-year-old newcomer America Ferrera does a lot of exasperated sighing and angry eye-rolling as Ana, a bright and ambitious young woman who has just graduated from high school and has her whole life ahead of her. Theres one major obstacle in her path, though: her conservative-minded and utterly unbending mother, Carmen (Lupe Ontiveros), who thinks that, because s ... ...
LEBANON, TN (WSMV) - Lebanon police officers arrested 37-year-old Julian D. Clemmons on Friday.Clemmons was wanted for a Davidson County indictment for first-degree murder.Lebanon officers arrested Clemmons at a residence on Toshiba Drive around 10:45 p.m.Clemmons was taken to Nashville and released to Metro's ...
Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident with serious injuries on Hartsville Pike in Sumner County. Officialssaid the wreck was reported near Kemp Road in Gallatin around 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Medical helicopter crews had been contacted to transport the injured,authorities said. Hartsville Pike has been shut down in the area while emergency crews respond, dispatchers ...
The Vanderbilt baseball team beat Alabama 14-10 in the season finale, and in the process capped off an historic run at a conference record. The Commodores won their 26th SEC regular season game, setting the all-time single-season conference mark. The 'Dores also won their 18th straight weekend series. The team is 48-7 overall, 26-3 in the SEC. They will be the top seed in next ...
The Fremont Street Experience was the setting for their Elvis Tribute Artist Competition recently. While there I enjoyed 18 different Elvis tribute artist sing their hearts out. Harry Shahoian the tribute Elvis in the Legends show opened the show, while Robbie Howard and Marva Scott emceed the event. On Saturday Chad Collins won the competition and received $2500.00, where he will be able to ...
A student reported to school leaders and resource officers at the Freedom Middle School eighth-grade dance Friday night that another student had brought a gun to the event, according to Franklin Special School District officials. In a statement, the school system said Williamson County Deputy Richard Cole arrested the student immediately without incident. The Williamson County Sheriff's ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Nashville HeraldNashville Herald | Independent News Resource for Nashville, Tn
The Nashville Herald is essentially a local Nashville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Nashville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Nashville Herald.
Elvis Presley's iconic white 'eagle' cape will go under the hammer next week and is expected to make 90,000 pounds.
The floor-length cloak is embellished with blue, red and gold studs to create a huge eagle across the back.
Presley wore it over his white jumpsuit, the Daily Star reported.
The cap, which is one of the most recognisable items of clothing associated with the late singer, has been copied by Elvis impersonators around the world.
Presley's 5ft cape was made in 1973 for his "Aloha From Hawaii" concert by showbiz designer Bill Belew to hide the singer from his audience at the start of the show.
Meanwhile, a white leather belt emblazoned with six eagles that formed part of his costume is also for sale and it is expected to fetch up to 40,000 pounds. (ANI)
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- Article was distasteful in airing dirty laundry
- Supporting Medicaid in the ACA
- Boarders and bikers should use bells or horns
- Orrin Porter Rockwell was proven innocent
- Recent scandals prove gov’t best when limited
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- Pak team management players calling for retirement of nothing left to offer Afridi
- New retirement community in the works
- Driving Safely While Aging Gracefully
- Scott Burns Public pensions are great if they can deliver
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Al Maktoum Airport to double Dubais private jet traffic
- UAE is top MidEast performer for tourism receipts
- Tourism promoters hoping for nice summer
- Airlines claim hike in navigation charges is unjustified
- China Southern Airlines or Hainan Airlines to have 1st Boeing Dreamliner
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Handbags may have more germs than average toilet flush
- Womens fertility could be linked with their immune status
- In our opinion Big screen exploitation of women should outrage us all
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nashville Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- US 11 yard sale continues in East Tennessee
- Nashville Sounds next 3 Homestands in Nashville
- Nashville TV Sunday May 19
- Nashville bound 3 musical groups or artists who are Coming to Nashville
- Michelle Obama gives graduation speech at Nashville HS