North Carolina health officials joined federal agencies in an investigation of drugs prepared by a drug compounding manufacturer in Tennessee. The investigation specifically involves the pharmaceutical compounding facility Main Street Family Pharmacy of Newbern, Tenn. ...
A Fayetteville man is facing additional charges after he allegedly falsely accused officers of bringing drugs into the jail where he had been incarcerated. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said 33-year-old Kryon Sanchey Bryson had been placed in lockdown and his jail cell searched while at the Lincoln County Jail last month after threatening officers. Bryson then accused those officers ...
A driver that police said caused a crash that injured two high school cheerleaders is now facing charges. Roni Proctor, 26, of Cumberland Furnace, TN, has been charged with driving under the influence and two counts of vehicular assault. The wreck occurred May 16 on Highway 48 when Proctor drifted across the center lane and hit a car driven by 17-year-old Kylie Eastin. Eastin and her ...
Metro Public Health Department officials said Friday that a batch of mosquitoes collected in Bellevue have tested positive for West Nile virus. Pest management staff recently captured the mosquitoes near the intersection of Old Harding Pike and Harpeth Parkway. This is the second time this month mosquitoes have tested positive for West Nile in Nashville. Previously, infected mosquitoes were ...
A Marshall County man is accused of engaging in a sexual relationship with an underage female, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Stephen Douglas Smith, 51, of Cornersville, TN, is charged with one count of rape and one count of sexual exploitation of a minor after TBI agents allegedly found photographs of Smith and the victim having sex. Smith was booked at the Marshall ...
72.1°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the North at 1.6 MPH Gusting to 3.1 MPH
Martin Scorseses Hugo, a paean to the birth and continual rebirth of movie magic, takes place in and around the fantastically exaggerated confines of a Parisian railway station in 1931. The protagonist is Hugo Cabret (Asa Butterfield), a young boy whose life is turned upside down when his belov ... ...
WASHINGTON -- Government health officials are investigating several complications reported with potentially contaminated medications made by a Tennessee specialty pharmacy.The Food and Drug Administration said Friday that the investigation involves seven reports from patients who received steroid injections from Main Street Family Pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy in Newbern, Tenn.The injections ...
One person is in critical condition after a shooting Friday near Cleveland Park. The shooting occurred at the intersection of North Seventh Street and Douglas Avenue. Police said a young man was sitting in a vehicle when he was shot twice, once in the abdomen and once in the leg. Investigators said the victim doesn't appear to have any connection to the neighborhood. Police said ...
Gallatin police said Friday they have arrested a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting last month. Officers arrested KeAnthony Dillard with killing Rameon Wilson at the Greenwood Apartments on April 15. Police said Dillard is known to associate with gangs in the Nashville area and has a previous history of armed robbery, assault and drug charges. Police are continuing to ...
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has been awarded $680,000 for exceeding federal performance goals in 2011, according to a news release. According to the release, 15 states qualified for the incentive grant. Of those states, Tennessee's award was the fifth largest. States are awarded for exceeding performance goals in workforce development and education ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This substantial hotel is easily accessed on Century Boulevarde. Driving in to the entrance area, the hotel main lobby greets ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Nashville HeraldNashville Herald | Independent News Resource for Nashville, Tn
The Nashville Herald is essentially a local Nashville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Nashville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Nashville Herald.
Elvis Presley's iconic white 'eagle' cape will go under the hammer next week and is expected to make 90,000 pounds.
The floor-length cloak is embellished with blue, red and gold studs to create a huge eagle across the back.
Presley wore it over his white jumpsuit, the Daily Star reported.
The cap, which is one of the most recognisable items of clothing associated with the late singer, has been copied by Elvis impersonators around the world.
Presley's 5ft cape was made in 1973 for his "Aloha From Hawaii" concert by showbiz designer Bill Belew to hide the singer from his audience at the start of the show.
Meanwhile, a white leather belt emblazoned with six eagles that formed part of his costume is also for sale and it is expected to fetch up to 40,000 pounds. (ANI)
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Carroll concerned about Seahawks off-field behavior
- ‘Illegal’ vs. ‘undocumented’ immigrants
- I-5 bridge collapse raises questions about Washington state bridges
- Scouting is bigger than any single policy Column
- Woolwich suspect was victim of frenzied knife attack aged 16
- Banana consumption increases thanks to aging populaion
- Washington University professor steers X Prize to Alzheimers
- Hedge Funds in Retirement Plans Dont Bother
- Court is just as traumatic Girl who faced aggressive cross-examination aged nine says she has never recovered
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Men arrested after RAF jet is scrambled to escort Pakistan Airlines passenger plane to London Stansted Airport
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- Its sexist to ask women about age says Julianne Moore
- Narcissists woo women more easily
- Rural women imparted advanced training in handloom handicrafts in Manipur
- Doll making gains popularity among women in Tripura
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nashville Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- N.C. joins investigation into Tennessee drug compounder
- TBI Inmate falsely accuses jail officers of smuggling drugs
- Driver charged with DUI in crash that injured cheerleaders
- Mosquitoes captured in Bellevue test positive for West Nile
- Marshall Co. man 51 accused of sex with underage girl