LONDON - Internet giant Google said it is spending $5 million to wipe images of child abuse off the Internet and another $2 million to create tools to find the images and eradicate them. "We're in the business of making information widely available, but there's certain 'information' that should never be created or found," wrote Jacqueline Fuller, director of Google Giving, in a blog post. ...
(Credit: Screenshot by Lance Whitney/CNET) Windows 8 and RT users can now check out their favorite artists and music videos via the new Vevo app. Debuting in the Windows Store on ...
CIO - It seems you cannot go a day without hearing about someone or some group hacking a website or stealing credit card and other sensitive data from ecommerce sites. So how do you protect your ecommerce site from being hacked and sensitive customer data from being stolen? CIO.com asked dozens of ecommerce and security experts to find out. Following are their top 15 tips for protecting your ...
(Credit: CNET) Microsoft and Qualcomm will work together on the next generation of Surface RT devices, a new report claims. Microsoft will use Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor in some versions of its Surface ...
That's just five bucks per month for unlimited music streaming to pretty much any device you own. And current PlayStation Plus members can get it for even ...
82.2°F Scattered Clouds
Hero (Ying ziong)
Martial arts sensation Jet Li may be the star of the film, but Yimou Zhang's Hero is not your ordinary action extravaganza, although there is more than enough balletic, gravity-defying swordplay to keep action fans enraptured. Instead, it is an epic visual poem that attempts to intertwine passion ... ...
(Credit: Steve Guttenberg/CNET) I guess it's safe to assume Adele and Coldplay are making decent livings in the music business, but I wanted to talk with an average band to see how they were doing. What sort of income did they see from Spotify, Pandora, and YouTube, vs. selling CDs or downloads? So I chatted with Phil Metzler, ...
The site, which sells designer clothes, furniture, and other items has just received an investment of $150 million from Chinese Internet company Tencent ...
announced on Wednesday that it has acquired GateGuru, a mobile platform that provides a wide range of information for travelers, including itinerary information, airport information, and ...
Creative Cloud subscriptions jumped by 221,000 to reach 700,000 in Adobe's most recent quarter. In an exclusive interview, Adobe Chief Shantanu Narayen says that is evidence Adobe is "well on our way to a very successful ...
Popping up on the late-night talk show, video-game industry vet Mike Cerny plays up the fact that the PS4 won't require an Internet connection and that Sony won't impose restrictions on trading or selling used ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Nashville HeraldNashville Herald | Independent News Resource for Nashville, Tn
The Nashville Herald is essentially a local Nashville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Nashville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Nashville Herald.
The Cauvery Supervisory Committee has rejected Tamil Nadu's demand for its share of water saying that it is not feasible due to the deficit in inflows and very low storage level in the reservoirs in Karnataka.
The Committee meeting, chaired by Union Water Resources Secretary S K Sarkar here last evening, saw representatives of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu sparring over the water-sharing of the Cauvery river.
However, a meeting of the Committee scheduled for the first week of July would review the situation.
The meeting noted that availability of water was very small as compared to the average and even less than that of last year's storage.
It hoped the water availability would improve during the monsoon which was expected to be good.
It was noted that inflows in Karnataka was about 85 per cent deficit of the normal and the flow at Biligundulu is also 75.4 per cent deficit with respect to normal flows.
"Looking at the data as cited above such as the deficit in inflows and very low storages in the reservoir in the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, the request of Tamil Nadu for release of water by Karnataka was considered and found not feasible as of now," the meeting concluded.
While Tamil Nadu demanded a total of 63 thousand million cubic feet (tmc) of Cauvery water, Karnataka said it had no water to spare for the neighbouring state. ...
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Obama proposes further US Russian nuclear arms cut
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Obama refuses to specify US support for Syrian rebels
- Farewell to hotel room service
- What was Seattle mayor candidate Peter Steinbreuck thinking
- Immigration Reform in the Senate and beyond
- Nicklesville draws attention as City Council fights homelessness
- Charles B. Rangel Obamas Syria plan has many dangers
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- How New College Grads Should Prepare for Retirement
- Slim Whitman dies aged 90 Country singer topped UK charts for 11 weeks
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- TSC meets on tourism development
- T Magazine Check In | A First Look at the New Ace Hotel in Shoreditch London
- In Transit Blog Multilingual Allergy Messages
- Stellar CIO Panel to Close HITEC 2013 Next Week
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Regular use of talcum powder ups risk of ovarian cancer by 24pc
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nashville Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- UPDATE 1-NRC fines TVA for Tennessee Watts Bar 2 reactor violation
- Tennessee Tightens Regulations on Compounding Pharmacies
- Pet food recalled possibly tainted with salmonella
- Boy 13 stabbed in neck by catfish
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State IRS Should Investigate Tennessee Church for Pulpit Politicking