A 22-year-old fan of Taylor Swift was arrested while he was attempting to trespass at the country singer's Rhode Island home. When questioned by the police, he allegedly said that he was there to visit Swift, Fox News reported. The 23-year-old pop diva was not at her home when the incident happened. ...
Tate Stevens is no newcomer to the music business. He's been performing for years. But from the moment he won first place in the 2012 edition of The X Factor, he's experienced the business on a whole new level -- something like being caught in an avalanche.Virtually overnight, the Missouri-born singer-songwriter found himself with a major label recording contract, a publishing deal, ...
Jason Aldean and actress Kristen Bell, country music's first fan-voted awards show will broadcast from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena on June 5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CMT and CMT.com. Presenters and additional performers will be announced in coming weeks.Fans can vote online now at CMT.com, and on their mobile device at CMT Mobile or the CMT Insider app available on iPhone, iPad and ...
On Monday Dixie Chicks Singer Doesn't Like Country Music was a top story. Here is the recap: (Radio.com) As lead vocalist for the 13-time GRAMMY-winning Dixie Chicks, Natalie Maines was once among the leading voices in country music, mainstream or otherwise. Today, however, she tells CBS Sunday Morning's Lee Cowan she was never really a fan of the genre. Maines didn't simply ...
Lady Antebellum has struck gold. The trio's Golden debuts at No. 1 this week on both Billboard's country and Top 200 all-genres albums charts via Nielsen SoundScan-confirmed sales of 167,314 copies.Scooting in just behind Lady A at No. 2 is the ...
77.9°F Mostly Cloudy
Bottle Rocket [DVD]
Given that he has become one of the most unique voices to emerge in recent American cinema, it is surprising that Wes Andersons directorial debut, Bottle Rocket, which he cowrote with star Owen Wilson, didnt make more of a splash. Or, really, any splash at all. Dismissed by Sun ... ...
for the answer to this week's trivia question to be entered to win our weekly $5,000 drawing! Want to re-watch some of your favorite interviews? Head over to our Top 20 section for videos, photos and more! You can also catch Top 20 Extras, cast your votes and take a look at the current chart to see where your favorite videos ...
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Country music great Bobby Bare is now 78, yet he's one of the newest inductees of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Born in Ohio, Bare's been making music and selling records since the 1950s. He sang rock 'n' roll for a while, but it was country music that made him famous. It started with the ...
Making the news
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Nashville HeraldNashville Herald | Independent News Resource for Nashville, Tn
The Nashville Herald is essentially a local Nashville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Nashville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Nashville Herald.
Elvis Presley's iconic white 'eagle' cape will go under the hammer next week and is expected to make 90,000 pounds.
The floor-length cloak is embellished with blue, red and gold studs to create a huge eagle across the back.
Presley wore it over his white jumpsuit, the Daily Star reported.
The cap, which is one of the most recognisable items of clothing associated with the late singer, has been copied by Elvis impersonators around the world.
Presley's 5ft cape was made in 1973 for his "Aloha From Hawaii" concert by showbiz designer Bill Belew to hide the singer from his audience at the start of the show.
Meanwhile, a white leather belt emblazoned with six eagles that formed part of his costume is also for sale and it is expected to fetch up to 40,000 pounds. (ANI)
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Counterpoint Home care workers in Minnesota deserve a union vote
- A northern Minnesota tale The orchid and the otter
- Sturdevant Tax reform in Minnesota Some other year perhaps
- Minneapolis schools chief deserves support in driving change
- Vikings stadium design Dog days are over. Darth days ahead
- Pak team management players calling for retirement of nothing left to offer Afridi
- Moorpark workshop to offer seniors advice about legal documents
- Seniors enjoy breakthrough season for Butler track team
- Winning Machine leads field of older horses at Emerald Downs
- Elderly mom shoots kills drunken son in self-defense during gun battle deputies say
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- SeaWorlds Antarctica could further tilt Orlandos tourism market
- Sanya awarded Hainans most popular wedding tourism destination
- First Saudi woman reaches Mount Everest summit
- LATAM Airlines to resume Argentina flights later Saturday
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Handbags may have more germs than average toilet flush
- Womens fertility could be linked with their immune status
- CA to improve pay conditions for Oz women cricketers to boost professionalism
- North Korea wins first title in 36 years as China seals womens singles champion
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nashville Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nashville bound 3 musical groups or artists who are Coming to Nashville
- Michelle Obama gives graduation speech at Nashville HS
- Lebanon police arrest accused murderer
- Wreck with serious injuries reported in Sumner County
- Vandy baseball earns record 26th SEC win