Julianne Moore has said that it is sexist to question women about her age. The 52-year-old actress told DuJour magazine that neither are men asked about their age nor are they asked about their children, the New York Daily News reported. Moore said that she feels like it becomes reductive when a woman's life becomes, "Talk to me about your kids and how you feel about plastic surgery." She ...
Narcissists do have an easier time attracting a mate, new research has revealed. In one experiment, researchers asked 61 men to go out on the street in a large German town and to each approach 25 women they would generally like to get to know to try to collect contact information for as many of them as possible. Those male participants who ranked high in personality evaluations of narcissism ...
Manipur has rich and unique handicrafts and handloom tradition, and most women here are engaged in weaving. In order to facilitate skill development and empower women, the Shintha Handloom and Handicraft Centre has been imparting training to them. These women are quite happy to have got the chance to learn new weaving designs. They are all undergoing a three-month-long training programme ...
Women in Tripura are finding different ways of becoming financially independent. And, doll making is fast emerging as a preferred choice of profession among rural womenfolk. Namita Mallick, a resident of Hapania village near Agartala, is a housewife. But, owing to her special skills in making dolls, she has now become a well-known entrepreneur in the state. In 2005, Namita formed a self-help ...
23 May 2013 150 The prevalence of obstetric fistula - a preventable and treatable condition linked to women's reproduction - among women and girls in developing countries is a denial of their human rights, senior United Nations officials today said urging global action to make childbirth safer. "The persistence of fistula is a result of human rights denied and a reflection of human rights ...
61.0°F Mostly Cloudy
Sweet Home Alabama
Director Andy Tennant's last film was 1999's Anna and the King, the florid tale of a refined 19th-century British woman who finds herself in the ancient Oriental kingdom of Siam, which is moving slowly into modernity. His latest, the romantic comedy Sweet Home Alabama, has essentially the same narrative crux, but in this case it's a refined 21st-century New Yorker who finds herself ... ...
criminalize abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy , a Texas lawmaker told a woman who made the difficult choice to terminate a non-viable pregnancy that she should have carried the fetus to term anyway — even though an MRI had already revealed that he was missing a large part of his brain and didn’t have much chance of survival. On Thursday, Christy Zink testified in opposition ...
LUXOR, Egypt - An Egyptian security official says 10 male relatives have killed a mother and her two daughters on suspicion of moral offences -- so-called "honour killings." The official said Friday the men suspected the three women of having affairs, and killed them to protect the family's honour. The three bodies were found in the Nile River near the ancient city of Luxor. They ...
THE National Bank of Commerce (NBC) through its Islamic Banking Unit will start providing Islamic Group Finance loans to its customers by September, this year. Speaking during a one-day seminar for Muslim women entrepreneurs in Tanga, the NBC Head of Islamic Banking, Mr Yassir Masoud said that the services would adhere to Islamic finance rules. "This will be an opportunity to our Islamic ...
India find themselves at a disadvantage compared with men.This is the conclusion of a study, Impact of Gender on Care of Type 2 Diabetes in Varkala, Kerala, which analysed gender roles, norms and values in a household and found women patients to be more vulnerable.This vulnerability influences all phases of diabetic care, according to the paper by Dr Mini P Mani at the Achutha Menon Centre for ...
Stella McCartney Throws A Party In Hong Kong new store in Beijing and hosted a fabulous dinner in Shanghai with acrobats and Chinese opera singers galore. Her final stop was Hong Kong, where with Lane Crawford, she presented her fall/winter collection to the city's stylish set as well as visitors in town for Art Basel Hong Kong. Kate Moss showed up for the party and indulged photographers ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This substantial hotel is easily accessed on Century Boulevarde. Driving in to the entrance area, the hotel main lobby greets ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Nashville HeraldNashville Herald | Independent News Resource for Nashville, Tn
The Nashville Herald is essentially a local Nashville newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Nashville, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Nashville Herald.
Elvis Presley's iconic white 'eagle' cape will go under the hammer next week and is expected to make 90,000 pounds.
The floor-length cloak is embellished with blue, red and gold studs to create a huge eagle across the back.
Presley wore it over his white jumpsuit, the Daily Star reported.
The cap, which is one of the most recognisable items of clothing associated with the late singer, has been copied by Elvis impersonators around the world.
Presley's 5ft cape was made in 1973 for his "Aloha From Hawaii" concert by showbiz designer Bill Belew to hide the singer from his audience at the start of the show.
Meanwhile, a white leather belt emblazoned with six eagles that formed part of his costume is also for sale and it is expected to fetch up to 40,000 pounds. (ANI)
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- What do you want to hear from the Seattle Mayor candidates
- Legislature considers tougher DUI laws
- Graham Greenie flies into Senate race
- Newspaper unfair to Minneapolis police
- Auroras pension move helps increase operating income
- Yet more woe for Irish Pension Managed Funds
- How a Sweet Tooth and Nostalgia Turned Sprinkles Guru Candace Nelson to Ice Cream
- Aging Japanese judo official was sex pest
- Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Nova Scotia moves ahead with five-year tourism strategy
- Breaking RAF fighter jet escorts Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane to Stansted
- Consumer Reports readers not Frontier fans
- Its sexist to ask women about age says Julianne Moore
- Narcissists woo women more easily
- Rural women imparted advanced training in handloom handicrafts in Manipur
- Doll making gains popularity among women in Tripura
- Greater attention needed for safe childbirths UN urges on inaugural Day to end obstetric fistula
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Nashville Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Donelson clerk attacked during store robbery
- Southwest Airlines computer issues fixed after morning problems
- Out and Riding High in Nashville
- Nashville native wins $100000 drops out of college
- House destroyed by fire in Ashland City